v1.6.5 is released
December 16, 2012 XhmikosR
After 2 and a half months since the last stable build, we decided to release 1.6.5. This release has many bugfixes and a few new features.
Highlights of this release:
- Some long standing issues for the Internal Subtitle Renderer/VSFilter have been fixed:
- Support UTF-8 subtitles without BOM
- Fix high memory usage with complex subtitles (mostly ASS)
- Fix most cases where subtitles are not correctly positioned
- Allow floating-point values for
\fscy in ASS subtitles
- Windows 8 is now officially supported and the file association problem has been solved. Windows 8 users should click the “Set Default Programs” button after selecting new formats.
- The DVB support has been improved with a better handling of DVB subtitles and a clearer display of the Electronic Program Guide (EPG) information when using live capture.
You can download the new version here. For the complete changes see the changelog.